It’s delicious, it’s healthy, it’s a superfood and guess what you can even have it for breakfast. People often say if it tastes this good it usually isn’t good for you. But this time it’s different.
Yes, try it…Chia Seeds, it’s a seed packed with omega 3s, fibre, carbohydrates and protein.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1/4 cup chia seeds = 2 tbsp
- 1 1/4 cup coconut/almond milk/milk (the seeds take on some of the flavour of whatever you soak them in)
- 1 -2 tbsp. cocoa (depending on how chocolately you want it)
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Small handful chopped cranberries (optional)
- Banana/Berries for topping (optional)
- Yoghurt 2-4 tbsp. for topping (optional)
- Coconut flakes for topping (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together, place in fridge and let soak for at least 4 hours
- Now the fun begins – top with whatever takes your fancy, I tried coconut shavings and mixed nuts, and layered the pudding on top of 2 tbsp. of yoghurt.
- On the other helping I tried, sliced banana, yoghurt and coconut shavings (I ate this one for breakfast – it was delicious tastes like pudding but healthy enough for breakfast – no wonder it’s called a superfood!)