Pesto stuffed mushrooms
Specialized: Vegan, diabetic friendly
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds or pine nuts
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 large handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- 10-12 mushrooms (you can choose what type of mushrooms you prefer)
- For part of a main meal – choose larger mushrooms. For appetizers, choose button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. Lite soya sauce
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Clean your mushrooms with a cloth.
- Mix the olive oil, soya sauce and lemon juice in a bowl and then pour over the mushrooms.
- Allow mushrooms to marinate for 2 hours
- Place the pumpkin seeds or pine nuts and garlic into a food processor or Nutri Bullet.
- Add the spinach and basil.
- Add the oil and lastly salt to season.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the pesto filling and bake in the oven for about 30-40min
Munchwize Dietitians are based in Cape Town, Claremont.