SPINACH & KALE QUINOA MUFFINS
This is a great recipe to use up that little bit of cooked quinoa from last nights dinner. They are a carb and gluten free healthy muffin option.
- ½ an onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 40g kale and 40g spinach, finely chopped
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 200 g cooked quinoa
- 100 g ground almonds/almond flour
- 1/2 round feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat your oven to 180ºC and spray a muffin tray or grease them with oil.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl, then add the chopped onion, garlic, kale, spinach, quinoa and almonds.
- Crumble in the feta and mix well.
- Season to taste.
- Spoon the muffin mixture into the muffin pan and bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Eat as is or if you would like to add a topping: ash some avo and mix with a bit of pepper and finely chopped chives.
These muffins are carb and gluten free and great as a snack or a breakfast option on-the-go. Get your healthy baking on!
Munchwize Dietitians are based in Claremont Cape Town. Contact us here
(Recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver)