This is a great summer evening dinner option. Fresh, light and packed with flavour and super quick to make.
- 3-4 baby marrows, thinly sliced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Zest of one lemon juice and the juice of that one lemon
- Toasted almond flakes
- 1 chili, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Wholewheat pasta (alternative grains: buckwheat or quinoa)
- Feta cheese (optional)
- Cool your whole wheat pasta or alternative grain according to the packet instructions.
- Toast your almonds in a dry pan. Once toasted remove from the pan.
- Heat a dash of olive oil in the same pan and add the crushed garlic.
- Add the chili.
- Next add your sliced baby marrows, lemon zest and lemon and allow to simmer for a few minutes. Don’t overlook your marrows- you still want a little bit of a crunch.
- Turn off th heat and crumble some feta cheese over the marrow and stir until it melts.
- To serve: Top you pasta/grain with the marrow mixture. Top with the toasted almonds and a drizzle of olive oil. You could also add some chopped fresh basil on top for an extra flavour kick.